Friday, October 19, 2007

Ra, Don't Go Without Saying Good-Bye

I got an E-mail tonight from Jerry Preator and Paul Missal announcing the passing of Ken Dueker. Ken made his transition peacefully Thursday night. I’m grateful Ken does not have to suffer in pain any longer. I have lost a soul brother. In July, I lost another soul brother, Berry Breier. Now, my attention turns to Ra, another soul brother who is battling cancer. I asked the Universe, “What is going on here? Why are you taking people I know and love?”

Should I be questioned the wisdom of Universe? Should I wake up and pay attention to the message the Universe is trying to send? What can I do to help Angel Ra Garcia? Will Ra go with Berry and Ken into the great unknown… into the great Spirit World?

My heart wants to grieve for Berry, Ken, and for Ra. My heart is telling me, tonight, to skip work tomorrow and go to a Men’s Talking Circle, where I can share my grief with other men who knew Ken. Tonight, I am open to my grief.

I don’t want to lose any more brothers. I don’t want to lose Ra! My heart wants visit with Ra. I want to hold him in my arms. I want to pray a Native American prayer with him. I want to bless him and heal him. I didn’t get to say good-bye to Berry and Ken. Through my tears, I’ll be damn, if it going to be the same way with Ra.

Love and Blessings.

No comments: