Saturday, October 20, 2007

Only If You Knew What This Process Is All About

Why do we as a culture and in society mute the dying process? Let me put it another way. I would like to know why the transition process is taboo in our America society. People won’t talk about it. They don’t even deal with it. In fact, they will run and hide from their true destiny, transition and death. Death is an integral part of the life cycle, we are borne… we come in, we live… we do our business, and we die… and we leave. What is so wrong with something so natural, our souls have been doing over centuries of life times? How come we’ll go to a hospital to see a new born baby, but we won’t go for the last time to see a dying friend?

I raise my hand and tell you, I am guilty of this. The experience of going to St. Vincent hospital to see Robert Winters, a friend and co-worker, Tigard Home Depot’s Santa Clause, lying there in the hospital bed, unresponsive, was overwhelming devastating and frighten to me. With emotion welling up inside, I exploded out of his hospital room in tears, vowing never again would I ever see another individual in that vegetation state. Little did I know what was in store for me, God gave me ample opportunity to learn this valuable lesson. I have yet to respond up until now.

Ken Dueker has left this life teaching us an important lesson. I skip work this morning and went to the Men’s talking circle only to learned the transitional and death process is so beautiful in the human expression of uniting friends and love ones in one last passionate embrace of radical forgiveness and love. There is no doubt in my mind, Ken came in, did his business, and left. He left with an impact on those who knew him well. The gentle giant with the great big grin has left us with his energy still in tact, for I experience him sitting in the chair, smiling and laughing at us, along with the priceless expression on his face, if to say, “Only if you knew what this process is all about.”

We really do not have the right to circumvent someone else process of becoming. We have no right to “Fix” someone. After experiencing the higher vibration of Living Enrichment Center one Sunday morning, I went to my afternoon meetings at the Mormon Church, only to encounter the lower vibration of someone to “fix” me, “calling me to repentance.” I had a choice. I worked my process without fear or regret.

Love and Blessings.

P.S. Ra, I’m going stick to you like glue until the end.

No comments: