Thursday, November 22, 2007

Three Thanksgiving Day Monsters

At our writing class on Tuesday, Anakha brought some oracle cards. I drew a card with the figure of a man with three ghostly figures surfacing from his head. I quickly wrote down the words, which came to mind upon drawing the card.

Ghosts of my mind. I am Manasseh, embracing the monsters in my head. I am not afraid of these monsters, for I made them my friends. Three ghosts are howling at me. “Please take care of me.”

As the writing exercise progress, I found myself taking dictation from an invisible force. Feeling rested, I can edit the words in the paragraph that I wrote on Tuesday night.

One ghost howled: “Take care of my bills.”
A second ghost howled: “Take care of my apartment.”
And the third ghost howled: “Take care of my body.”

I blog here this Thanksgiving morning with the critical mind fully engaged, thinking to myself, I have nowhere to go for Thanksgiving day dinner. The plans didn’t pan out as I hope for. Oh well, that’s life. I told everyone at work and at church, I had a place to go for Thanksgiving dinner. I will stay home today and watch the Thanksgiving Day parade and a lot of football. I got plenty of food in the fridge. I will be fine. And besides, who wants to wait for a bus on a cold day?

I return back to my notes in my notebook from Tuesday night writing class. It was if a invisible force was taking control of my hand. It must be Manasseh, my alter ego. Who else could it be? I want to edit my notes into comprehension thought.

Manasseh: “Please take of me…”

Peter: “Take care of who?”

Manasseh: “Don’t stop (writing)…”

Peter: “How do I take care of you?”

Manasseh: “You are you… Take care of your things.”

Peter: “No… It’s something invisible…”

Manasseh: “You’re wrong, it’s both. Pay your bills. Clean and F.S. your apartment. Take care of health… Eat right. We are the three monsters.”

Peter: “Huh? What? Manasseh divided himself into three beings… three monsters?”

Manasseh: “P.S. The Universe wants to take care of you… You are the Universe.”

There is a lot here in my notes that I do not understand. What does F.S stands for? Who are the three monsters and what do they want from me? How can Manasseh dived himself into three beings? The only way I can figure this out is to biog tonight when I’m tired… When I’ll be out of my mind.

Right now, I want to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade and some football. Eat breakfast.

Happy Thanksgiving. Love and Blessings.

No comments: