Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Loyalty Waits For Love

I spent the majority of my day in a waiting room at Tuality Community Hospital in Hillsboro. My loyalties lie with a close-nit friend who was there for me when I had my knee surgery eighteen month ago. Jeffrey Smith was scheduled for a total hip replacement surgery at One O’clock pm.

Jeffrey was lucky only to be bump back ninety minutes and entering the O.R. around 2:30 pm. I was not as fortunate as Jeffrey was. My schedule surgery time kept getting push back due to unforeseen emergency surgeries. Jeffrey stuck with me while waiting along with my folks in my hospital room. When the folks hit the state of boredom, they exit the room to parts unknown. Not Jeffrey. For over 24 hours, he stays by my bedside.

What is wrong with this boy? Maybe he enjoyed the beautiful view from the eighth floor window overlooking the tree-cover West Hills. Does this man ever get bored I though?

In an effort to demonstrate my loyalty to Jeffrey, I waited until he was out of surgery. His mother finally sent me home at 6:30 tonight. As I was getting ready to leave the hospital waiting room, the doctor came by to make his report to the family members. I will keep you updated on Jeffrey recovery in the following weeks.

I’ll answer the question is Jeffrey one of the lovers.

Love and Blessings.

No comments: