Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's Okay To Be Vulnerable

The thoughts in my head this morning as I wakeup was what a blessing it was to be alive in this body. Something told me how eager I was to race to the end of the line in the afterlife waiting to be incardinated in another physical body. The ultimate desire to touch… to caress… to hold… to make love to God with a beating heart within her chest fill with mad passionate desire.

In order to attract such of God, my own heart must be already fill with the inner light of divine radiance. Only I can make changes or fill up my heart. If its depleted… lonely… heartbroken, so what! Why not sit with it? Maybe, just maybe God is in the heartbreak.

I’m listening to an audio book which is a popular read right now, Eat, Pray, Love. A story of a woman who dumps everything including her husband and goes on a yearlong odyssey in search of meaning to fill up her heart after many years of being empty. Though the author doesn’t advocate this advise to every woman with an depleted heart without first a lot of soul-searching leading to regret in the aftermath. It was her choice… her rout to enlightenment.

I wonder how cliché it is for religious or some spiritual people to relay on their God when their lives are so mess up and falling down before them? People claim to have their God when at the same time their hearts were empty. This was the case with yours truly. I can resonate with the message of my current spiritual teacher, like me, for many years she live a lie. The lives we lived were in a state of hypocrisy that we create our own messes.

If we’re willing, like a garment, the Universe take our souls and turns them inside out and hangs them to air out. Now, our hearts are on the outside and vulnerable for all to view. The hypocrisy, like dirt, falls to the ground. God can now ware the garment.

Love and Blessings.

1 comment:

Anakha Coman said...

beautiful peter...brilliant, true and beautiful. i want to be turned inside out...hung out to dry...heart on the outside...naked, revealed. help me to stay to true beloved...to this path of the naked, sacred heart. i am still learning. i am still becoming whole. i love you peter, deeply and truly. i am grateful for your unwavering love and encouragement...your love has pierced my armor and reached a tender place in my heart. thank you brother manessah, xo anakha, rev.