Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Transmuting The Male Ego In Hood River

Today, I took a road trip to Bonneville Dam and Hood River with Jeff Smith. We stop in Troutdale to fuel up our bodies with a late breakfast. Jeff wanted to stop at the fish ladders and visitors center at Bonneville Dam. We watch as a five-foot long Chinook salmon struggle against the current to swim up stream. I thought about the male ego and its struggle against the flow of the Universe.

In Hood River, I stop to shop in a nice gift store. I found two lovely gifts for two beloved friends, but nothing for that special lady my heart is so fond of – oh uh. I darted into a next door restaurant to use the restroom while Jeff waited for me. When I came out, I bump into a friend from the Sacred Circle Dance community who recently moved to Hood River to clear his mind and to be surrounded by nature.

Even though Jeff was in a rush to be home by a certain time, he was patient enough while I visit with my friend. We talk about the male ego and the role it plays on our psyche and how it contaminates our hearts.

Manasseh: “Blog with tact and sensitivity.”

Peter: “Hello Manasseh. I am. I very much want to be sensitive.”

He reminds me of myself when I was young and in my ego mind. I would try to control or dominate the relationship. When that didn’t work, I would sabotage the relationship by throwing a fit and running away like a child. What I didn’t realize back in my youth is a Woman is like unto a butterfly. You have to hold your hand open and leave it open throughout the relationship. If she lands in your hand, you are bless by receiving her love. That doesn’t mean you can close up your hand and hold her captive. It is my belief and profound understanding she meant to be free to come and go as her heart so chooses.

I hope with all the tenderness and care, it will go both ways as in any relationship. And when she is ready to leave your hand, you will have the love and the compassion still holding out your hand as she fly’s away. Yes, there will be sadness in your heart. That is when you go inside and know God… Your true self. Breathe in Yeshua. Breathe out you God-self.

Manasseh: “Yes Peter. Exactly.

As we drove home, west bound on I – 84, the rain showers would come overhead and block out the sun. The rain clouds represents my male ego mind blocking out the true source of love. My mind race down the freeway along side the Columbia River screaming at me, “Dump this woman before she hurts you!”

No, I won’t! I will risk everything for one night of sacred intimacy. My heart is wild open ready to receive sacred love. Than I shell let her go like a butterfly. And she will be gone and I will again become acquainted with the pain of a broken heart. My heart will than be crack open only to be fill up with love of Yeshua.

Manasseh: “You are so bold to declare love on the Internet.”

Peter: “Yes, I am open and vulnerable. I don’t care who sees me in my nakedness. I love her… We all love her.”

Many Blessings.

No comments: