Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Dreams Of Wisdom

I had another one of mine “Manasseh” dreams during the night… a long, detail, vivid dream that leaves you exhausted by morning’s light.

A Mormon Church leader wanted to challenge me on my rebellious apostate attitude, by charging me with insufficient pure faith. In my dream, he declared, “Peter, you are unfit for the kingdom of God, because you lack the pure faith that the Son of Man died on the cross for our sins!”

In days leading up to this dream, I have been questioning my faith. What is faith? It seems to me I no longer believe in the traditional Christian Judaic way of life.

I was in a Portland park, as the dream continue, surrounded by a small band of riff-raft, no more than twelve, dress in raggedy old clothes, I was speaking my own brand of philosophy and religion to my little band of followers, “Why do you need salvation from someone who died on a cross, when you’re already made perfect in the image of your Creator?”

I notice a slender woman standing close to our little “Hippie church” in the park trying to listen in on what was being said. She was dress to the nines… expensive in taste of style of clothing, which did not fit the norm. In my dream, she had on a red satin mini dress covered by a thick fur coat and a fur head bun. Who was she and what was she doing at my little hippie church?

Was she the wife of the Mormon Church leader who earlier commended me, sent to spy on me? She followed us as we move through the park, stopping near a large nardly-twisted oak tree. One of my disciples started speaking, “Faith is knowing that the trees will grow… the sun will rise and set with each passing day… the rivers and streams will flow to the oceans. And the Universe will provide for all of your needs.”

The woman, who have been following us, came up to me and whisper in my ear, “Where do you learn such wisdom?”

The dream was over. I was here, alone in my bed, on Christmas morning. Something inside me told me to blog about this dream.

Where do we learn about such wisdom? To me, love is the wisdom.

Happy Birthday, Yeshua…

No comments: